In preparation for the addition of permanent AC power and also to gain a bit more room to store the Porta-Potty I replaced the door that is used to gain access to under the sink with a piece of panelling held in place by magnetic latches. This allowed for a flat space, without a door […]
Month: October 2013
Decal removed successfully
Removed the front decal in preparation of installing an additional 21 watts of solar. Used a low power heat gun and the decal peeled off nicely. No glue stayed behind.
Lid closed on new Battery setup
Mounted the 3 inch remote MPPT meter today and while not completely finished with all my wiring I was able to close the lid and put cushions back in their place. The digital volt display is connected directly to the Battery. The backlit meter is connected to the MPPT solar controller and provides information about […]
Changed batteries to 2 x 6 Volt
In an effort to gain a little more off-grid time I’ve changed to 2 x 6 Volt batteries to get the available AmpHours up. I’ve also changed Solar Controllers to an MPPT type. May not actually make much difference but it has a display with information as to Solar and Battery where I might be […]